This plant is in the garden in our road and I love the colours of the leaves.
My favourite flower in Australia, I only wish this Blog was a smellieblog so you could get the sweet smell, when the sun has warmed up the flower it is a truly wonderful smell and what a pretty flower.
Something a little different.....not sure what is going on. Any ideas?
This bird was having a time of its life....warbling away without a care in the world. John and I were eating our lunch and it was like being at a free concert.
John and I had pulled up at the side of the kerb and this cheeky chappie had run out of the bushes, maybe to check us out. It was not bothered when I took this photo.





3 comments:
Is that gorgeous flower a "frangipani" or something like that?
Are you giving prizes for the gooey tree guess? Is it a gum tree (he he!!). Anyway I love the nature blog...right up my alley.I love lizards and bats. I once rehabbed a bat....it was a little brown bat and so cute despite it's big teeth!
Love Jane
Oh yeh! "Little brown bat" is the technical name for the bat....I don't mean that it was brown in colour and small in size!
Jane
Hi, Linda
Jan had tried to send you an email wishing you happy birthday but we must have an old address.
Loved your pictures for flowers and animals.
Keith
Hi, Linda
Sorry I forgot to post you a birthday card before we went away. We hope you have a very happy birthday. We trust you are all fit and well. Have you found the part of Australia you want to settle down in yet or are you still trying different places.
Keith and I had a few days in Newquay before the season started. The weather was really good we both came back with a tan.
We are both retiring this year, but Keith may do some consultancy work. He has not yet made a final decision.
Jill is well and is still enjoying her maisonette.
Rob remains in the same job and still plays rugby, hill walks and canoeing. He still helps with scouts and enjoys it more now he is working in a different group.
Steven is now working in I.T. and appears more settled. He enjoys music and quizzes
Keith and I are having a two week holiday in Slovenia, staying at two resorts. We have booked a big holiday for 2010. We are having 7+ weeks away. We are going to New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. It starts in February so the weather should not be to hot.
The reason for writing was to wish you a happy birthday and a wonderful day plus a happy and healthy year.
Lots of love
Keith, Robert, Steven and Jan
Post a Comment