Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Leaving Work

Today is my last day at work, I have a lot of mixed feelings especially as I have worked with this motley crew for over 9 and a half years. I do not even know where to start, but as all good things come to an end I thought a blog was a pretty good send off. Dave, Laura and I worked together when we had medicals, Laura used to have a life-sized cut out of Laura Croft in the medical room, we reckon she is a dead ringer.
Not to be outdone, another member of staff, Andy, thinks he is also famous, anyone heard of The Chuckle Brothers? Dead ringer for one of them.

Andy and Chris doing what comes naturally, drinking and watching the talent.



Dave and Dom in the bar, posing.

Another natural poser, drink in hand, it is an Army thing



Feeding, another Army trait

I did get to do the table cloth thing, Here Linda and I (she is also married to a John) discuss the finer things in life, what the other diners were wearing.



The lady at the end is Adele, she used to work with me, before she retired. We still go out to lunch and I tell her all the gossip. The chap next to her is our Doc who comes in to do the medicals. The two chaps next to him are Steve and John. We call them the muppets after the two old men in the theatre box in the Muppet Show. As the only civilians, we stick together and
I will miss them as they are so funny together. John is due to retire next month, Steve will be one lonely chap.

Olly is the one in the white shirt and has earned himself the nickname "Poshboy". As usual he finds everything hilarious. Could be something the chuckle brother said.

Here are Daves "Angels" We are all Admin Officers and Dave is our Chief. A font of all knowledge he is the one we ring when in thick mode. Anne and Linda are very dear friends and we go Adventure Training together. I will truly miss them, we are the Three Amigos. It will be hard not being able to ring them most days just to say hello. Ladies, I salute you both and thank you for your friendship.












No comments: